Friday, June 09, 2000

June 9, 2000

Archived update from Cigarettes & Coffee, run by Greg Mariotti & CJ Wallis from 1999-2005

It's assumed that the name of this site is a reference to PTA's short film Cigarettes & Coffee. Naturally, I can see why people came to this logical conclusion, but that's not actually why. When I decided to establish this site, I wanted a name that would be memorable & that embodied PTA & his films. After pouring over many interviews with Paul, I knew that cigarettes & coffee was the only choice. 
PTA has stated numerous times that his writing process begins early the morning with music, coffee & lots of cigarettes. He also says that usually by the early afternoon, he is so "wired" from this, that he can't write anymore. I thought this was perfect. The essence of PTA for me is his unbelievable writing talent. It's the reason he is where he's at today. I couldn't think of a better way to represent my site than with this title. 
Now wait, before I start getting emails, I'm not endorsing or recommending that you run out & start smoking & drinking coffee to improve your writing skills. This works for PTA & who knows maybe he will quit (he threatens to on a regular basis), but this "system" has contributed to his screenplays by allowing him to feel comfortable when writing. So until PTA gives it up, that's the reason for the name of the site (when he quits, I'll just tell everyone, I named it after his short film....).
In a related note, PTA speaks about this very topic, near the end of the newest addition to the Articles & Interview section. I have finished transcribing the well done piece from Moviemaker Magazine which touches on many aspects of PTA's writing & directing process.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so Happy to write this article because I know it will help a lot of people who are suffering from Herpes. I am here to testify about the wonderful and most safe cure for herpes . I was positive to the deadly Virus called herpes and I lost hope completely because I was rejected even by my closest friends. I searched online to know and inquire about a cure for herpes and I saw testimony online on how Herbalist Valchy cured so many people from Herpes virus and other similar diseases. I decided to contact the great herbalist because I know that nature has the power to heal everything. I contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural roots and herbs. After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure is ready and he sent it to me via UPS and it got to me after 4 days. I used the medicine as he instructed (morning and evening ) and I got cured. it's really like a dream but I'm so happy that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me and if you need his help, contact him via Email: herbalistvalchynaturalremedies@gmail.com or WhatsApp:+2347036769718 reachout to his website https://herbalistvalchynaturalremedies.simdif.com/     

    ReplyDelete