Tuesday, September 05, 2000

September 5, 2000

Archived update from Cigarettes & Coffee, run by Greg Mariotti & CJ Wallis from 1999-2005

Magnolia dropped slightly to 7th place on the VHS rental chart for the week ending August 20th. Weekly rental revenue was 4.97 million for a total of 24.2 million since its release on July 25th. Expect good things when the DVD debuts on the sales chart next week.
Magnolia will make it's debut on pay per view September 7th. I have a Direct TV satellite dish & they will be showing Magnolia letterboxed as well. Check you local cable company or satellite provider for more information.
Finally, let's close the book on the Fight Club/David Fincher controversy. I receive a lot of emails on this topic, but I think it's been blown way out of proportion. I failed to report PTA's comments on Ain't It Cool News from May (see how important it is to me...). So here they are:
Just to clarify: My comments about Fincher and Fight Club were stupid. Wishing anyone testicular cancer isn't funny and I did end up seeing the film. I had a problem with the violence and the cruelty -- I just couldn't get past it -- blah blah blah....I wrote a letter to Fincher apologizing for my comments.....he was cool about it.
pta

4 comments:

  1. Hey – great blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a really nice platform you are using. I’m currently using WordPress for a few of my blogs but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it? best electronic cigarette

    ReplyDelete

  2. Wow actually i loved your blog man..Thanks for sharing awesome content..

    videoder app ios
    notepad++
    psiphon pro download

    ReplyDelete

  3. Wow actually i loved your blog man..Thanks for sharing awesome content..

    videoder app ios
    Online notepad++
    psiphon pro download

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know how to know if your phone is tapped? Here we have a huge guide for you on what to do!

    ReplyDelete