Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fiona Apple - Hot Knife (TBD)



According to an interview with Fiona Apple in V Magazine in June of 2012, Paul started work on a video for the track "Hot Knife" off her record "The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do."
“I have this weird thing where I’m friends with my ex-boyfriends, and I really care about them. I care about their lives with their girlfriends. I feel like maybe an annoying mother or something.” Among these exes are illusionist David Blaine, in whose office/apartment Apple crashes when in New York, filmmaker Paul Thomas Anderson, who started to make a video for Apple’s new song “Hot Knife” before having to work on a movie, and most notably writer Jonathan Ames, the subject of one of the album’s sweeter tracks, “Jonathan.”
Whether the video will be completed or ever see the light of day is still unknown. For now you'll just have to close your eyes and imagine it.

3 comments: