Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Diablo Cody ♥'s ‘Punch-Drunk Love' & PTA



Diablo Cody is a divisive figure in the film world. She won a screenwriting Oscar at 29 for her debut film -- the Jason Reitman directed "Juno" -- but quickly became the target of a backlash against the film's stylized dialogue and apparent "quirkiness." (For what it's worth, we actually liked it.) Cody and Reitman both went off and made other pictures but have reteamed once again for "Young Adult" featuring Charlize Theron as an author of teen novels who goes back to her hometown to reclaim her high school sweetheart. During the press rounds for the film Reitman, Cody, Theron and co-star Patton Oswalt (Delmer Darion himself) were asked which actor or director's they really admired and Cody called herself out as a PTA fan girl and professed her admiration for "Punch-Drunk Love" in particular. Read on (via Collider)...
Diablo Cody: I know a lot of people feel this way, so it’s not the most original answer. I’m the most insane unrepentant Paul Thomas Anderson fan girl. I’ve been watching actually Punch Drunk Love a lot lately. I really love that movie. To express that kind of truth in a film is to me so amazing. Even late last night I was watching this old video he directed for Fiona Apple and I was like I couldn’t even make a feature film as powerful as this three minute video. I just think he is awesome.

Patton Oswalt: I love the beginning of Magnolia, the thing about the dealer. That scene is genius. Brilliantly acted.
There you have it, she's just like us! We caught "Young Adult" the other night and thought was a very good film. Unflinchingly dark at times featuring a monster performance by Theron, it's probably also a career best for both Cody and Reitman and should serve to silence the haters. The film opens this Friday if you get a chance to see it or you can just pop in your 'PDL' dvd one more time while we wait for the Blu-ray.

As always, please follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates.

5 comments:

  1. I'll still hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punch Drunk Love is a fantastic study of RAGE !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course Patton Oswalt is kidding here. He's saying that the opening to Magnolia is 'brilliantly acted' because he's the main character there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And once again, nice possessive heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got diagnose of herpes virus last year, and i was taking some drugs prescribed for me by my family doc the drugs could not work and the herpes in my system was very terrifying that i was so depressed the good news is that i never gave up in searching for natural cure for herpes virus ,cause i believe so much in herbal medication.. One faithful morning i read a comment from a lady called Destiny Hudson on how she was cured with natural herbs made by DR.OYAGU from somewhere is West Africa, i immediately copied out his contact email via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com and explain all my herpes problem to him via his email. the big truth is that it took just two week for his herbal medication to cure me completely without side affect. Till date am herpes virus free and all thanks to Dr OYAGU for his good deeds for me, Once again am very happy to share this great testimony of DR OYAGU cure hurry up now and contact him via his email address (oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com Call & WhatsApp him on (+2348101755322 ) and see what he can do

    ReplyDelete