Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Emily Watson Has Seen The First 30 Minutes Of ‘The Master,' Says Film Will Be Incredible



Moviefone sat down with "War Horse" star Emily Watson and while talking to her about her career, the conversation turned to her (magnificent) work in "Punch-Drunk Love." The actress mentioned that she'd love to work with Paul again and then let slip that she's actually seen the first 30 minutes of 'The Master.' Take it away, Emily...

One of my favorite movies is 'Punch-Drunk Love.'
[A big smile overcomes her face] Yeah. Me, too.

Were you at all hesitant to take that role? Not with P.T. Anderson, but maybe there was a concern about this being an Adam Sandler wacky comedy?
No, I knew. Paul came to me and said, "I'm doing this film with Adam and I'd like you to be in it." And the idea of the two of us in a room together tickled me pink. Just particularity where he was at and where I was at -- we were from different planets. And I thought, what a delicious idea.

You two should do another movie together.
I'd love to! I would love to do another movie.

I think people do miss the Sandler who pushed himself like that.
Yeah. And he had an incredible work ethic. We did hundreds of takes ... Well, not hundreds, but take after take after take. Adam just went at it, went at it, went at it. He completely gave over to being in a Paul Thomas Anderson movie. He gave himself over to it in a very self-effacing way. It's lovely.

And it's been so long since we've seen a Paul Thomas Anderson movie.
He has made one, I saw the first half an hour.

Of 'The Master'?
It's going to be incredible. I'm not going to say anything more on that. He'll kill me!

So the first half hour already exists?
Oh, yeah. Well ... they're editing.
Very, very exciting. Our fingers are still crossed there might be some sort of footage released before the end of the year but with likely a full 12 months to go before release we understand if Paul wants to keep a tight lid on things. But that doesn't mean we're not jealous.

As always, please follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates.

10 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW! AH MAN SHE'S LUCKY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say I've never anticipated a film in my lifetime with such excitement, wonder, curiosity, and high expectations. It's going to be something big when this comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he decides to do the same thing he did with There Will Be Blood and release a minute long teaser on youtube sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking the same thing! I loved how he did that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you guys think he'll have filmed Inherent Vice before he releases this untitled one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lucky Emily Watson to watch the first 30 minutes of Paul Thomas Anderson's latest film.
    One time titled "The Master" Now that she saw a part of the movie it seems to me at least some of the pic. is done. Sure hope it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is PTA the next Kubrick or what?! Thanks for this site, I check it everyday for updates, keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i imagine what people felt for a kubrick film, the anticipation and excitement, is what this generation would feel for a pta film. i know i cant wait to see it :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got diagnose of herpes virus last year, and i was taking some drugs prescribed for me by my family doc the drugs could not work and the herpes in my system was very terrifying that i was so depressed the good news is that i never gave up in searching for natural cure for herpes virus ,cause i believe so much in herbal medication.. One faithful morning i read a comment from a lady called Destiny Hudson on how she was cured with natural herbs made by DR.OYAGU from somewhere is West Africa, i immediately copied out his contact email via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com and explain all my herpes problem to him via his email. the big truth is that it took just two week for his herbal medication to cure me completely without side affect. Till date am herpes virus free and all thanks to Dr OYAGU for his good deeds for me, Once again am very happy to share this great testimony of DR OYAGU cure hurry up now and contact him via his email address (oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com Call & WhatsApp him on (+2348101755322 ) and see what he can do

    ReplyDelete