Thursday, December 03, 2009

New York Magazine Talks 'The Master'



In an article titled "So This New Paul Thomas Anderson Movie Is Definitely About Scientology, Right?," New York Magazine had this to say about his forthcoming sixth feature currently being called "The Master."

Announced last night and already pretty much the upcoming movie we're most looking forward to, Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master will star Philip Seymour Hoffman in the title role as a charismatic dude who founds his own religion in 1952. The film's primary action will allegedly revolve around the clash between Hoffman's character and his second-in-command, a twentysomething guy named Freddie who comes to question what his boss is selling. So, even though Scientology's Wikipedia entry makes no mention of any troublemakers named Freddie, can we safely assume that the film will be a thinly veiled, Bowfinger-y slap at L. Ron Hubbard?
We're certainly going to! Despite Hoffman's physical resemblance to Hubbard and that Scientology was also founded in 1952, Variety claims "the drama does not so much scrutinize self-started churches like Scientology or the Mormons, as much as it explores the need to believe in a higher power, the choice of which one to embrace and the point at which a belief system graduates into a religion." But presumably they'd have to say something like that to get this thing made in Scientology-controlled Hollywood (Universal is apparently waiting on a final draft of the screenplay before it okays the film's $35 million budget).
We wonder if, to any degree, the idea for Master was inspired by Anderson's friendship with Jeremy Blake, the visual artist with whom he collaborated on 2002's Punch Drunk Love. As you'll recall, Blake and girlfriend Theresa Duncan took their own lives in 2007 under mysterious circumstances, with Duncan alleging they'd been harassed by Scientologists after the couple's friend Beck told them he was thinking about leaving the religion (Beck, of course, denied this). So we guess we probably shouldn't look for "Devil's Haircut" on The Master's soundtrack.
You can check out the same information but arranged a little different on their website by clicking here.

8 comments:

  1. 'The Master' was inspired by Anderson's friendship with Jeremy Blake, the visual artist with whom he collaborated on 2002's Punch Drunk Love.
    Online Connect for pc

    ReplyDelete
  2. The upcoming movie” The Master” looks very charming and interesting. Thanks for giving information about but you should highlight the main point of the story. You have not shared a story with us. I would like to recommend you to share some good points with us. Assignment Writing Service

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear, for making such as important information. I hope you will update this information to add more value if needed, thank you again and take care.Top 5 Audit Accounting Firms in India, GST Audit Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is erectile Dysfunction?
    Erectile dysfunctions are known as a circumstance when a man cannot get or keep an erection. This condition can likewise cause pressure, influence your self-assurance, and add to relationship issues. The most well-known indications of erectile brokenness are –
    • Not ready to get an erection
    • Not ready to keep an erection
    • Reduced s*xual longing
    If you are worried about erectile brokenness, it is ideal to converse with your PCP about your condition to get master counsel and a reasonable treatment in like manner.
    For Ed Solution you can search given word on google:-
    Trimix Injections
    buy sildenafil tablets online
    buy sildenafil tablets online
    buy tadalafil online
    buy Trimix Injections online

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very amazing information; I think this no need to be updated. If updated this information will get more value rather than before. Here we are from charbhujatiles we also have important and amazing detail or information for Tiles showroom Double charge tiles Paving tiles Bathroom wall tiles Best tiles for home Kitchen tile backsplash ideas. If you are interesting to know more about the tiles or marble can visit our website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was having Herpes Simplex Virus then i came across a review of people saying that they got treated from Herpes Simplex Virus by Dr VOODOO., So i gave a try by contacting him through his email and explain my problem to him. He send natural medicine herbs to me and told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take the medicine, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken by any deadly diseases like HERPES HIV, shingles,low sperm count or bringing back your ex lover, this great man is extremely the best in which I have seen if you also need a help, you can also email him at voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete
  7. TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT CURED TOTALLY FROM HERPES VIRUS BY DR ISHIAKU HERBS

    I want to inform the public how I was cured of herpes  Virus by a Doctor called Dr ISHIAKU. I visited different hospitals but they gave me a list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which are very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on Herpes and I saw comments of people talking about how Doctor Ishiaku cured them. I Was scared because I never believed in the Internet but I was convinced to give him a try because I had no hope of being cured of herpes so I decided to contact him on his email, i searched his email on the net and I saw a lot of people testifying about his goodness. When I contacted him he gave me hope and sent a Herbal medicine to me that I took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without any problems, my HERPES result came out negative. You can contact him on his email: (ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com)or what - sapp him via (+2348180828544) and get all your problems solved.
    1)Sickness of any kind
    2)Help to cure  HEPATITIS B, DIABETICS, HIV/AIDS  and BIPOLAR
    3)Divorce, Breakup problem, To Re-unit or to cast a spell
    4)Pregnancy problem
    5)Financial problem and Job promotion
    6)bad mouth odour or tooth problem
    7)eye or ear problem
    8) enlargement of manhood


    Website: www.ishiakuherbalcure.Wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete