Thursday, January 10, 2013

‘The Master' Nominated For 3 Oscars Incl. Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress


Academy Award nominations were announced this morning and "The Master" received a total of 3 nominations for its entire central cast.
Best Actor (Joaquin Phoenix)
Best Supporting Actor (Philip Seymour Hoffman)
Best Supporting Actress (Amy Adams)
Update:  Amy Adams spoke to Variety about the film's nominations and had some very wise words in regards to the film's legacy.
 When it comes to her co-stars in "The Master," four-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams is a woman of faith.
"The performances are so unique and transcendent really," Adams said of Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix. "I'd work with Philip on every film if I could."
The actress, who juggled Oscar reaction interviews and a crying baby Thursday morning ("Sorry! Two-year olds!"), thinks Paul Thomas Anderson's religion-themed drama will be "just as brilliant 10 years down the road," best picture nomination or not. She hopes the Oscar attention will encourage more people to see the pic, or give it a second chance in some cases.
"The way that Paul crafts characters, everything speaks to his skill as a filmmaker," Adams said. "I hope people revisit it."
Huge congratulations to everyone who worked on the film. The film joins "Boogie Nights" and "Magnolia" which were also nominated for 3 Oscars. For those who are disappointed that PTA and more of the crew weren't recognized for their effort, "Looper" director Rian Johnson said it best back in September...
I highly doubt an Oscar has a chance of earning The Master this year. But who knows, maybe if the academy made a big publicity push.
And as I said on Twitter the other day, awards are great & certainly anything that brings attention to the film is a good thing. But they won't affect which films are remembered. Basically it's nice when they get it right. When they don't, it doesn't really change anything. The films that stand the test of time, will.

Pre-order "The Master" on Blu-ray or DVD.
Stay tuned to Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to the film, Paul and the three actors! Looking at the three fields, I really think PSH has the best shot, and I think it's a pretty good one. Still, bummed that PTA didn't slip into Original Screenplay, where I think he might have had an excellent shot against two front-runners who have some baggage (Boal and Tarantino).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also htought the cinematography would have at least garnered a nod... oh well, too bad I can't watch the Master instead of the usually tired car waxing that goes on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's definitely worth noting that this is the most acting nominations a PTA movie has ever received! While there's so much to love in this movie and it's too bad that the film, Paul, and the superb technical work were passed over, the movie is certainly the most performance-driven he's ever crafted (which is saying a lot!) and the nominations have reflected that rather nicely. In a good way, I think it's fitting that these exceptional performers would be exclusively singled out to represent The Master at the Oscars. Congrats to all three of them, well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, it's really wonderful to see Philip Seymour Hoffman FINALLY get Oscar recognition for a PTA movie!

      Delete
  4. PTA is such a unique and gifted Director. While I was watching "The Master" I thought: Wow, I am watching a PTA movie in the theater. The first or at least the first significant conversation between Joaquin and Philip is such a beauty, such a refreshing dialogue. As a filmmaker I feel I have been blessed with the opportunity to watch movies from directors such as Haneke or PTA as a contemporary. Oscar or no oscar, PTA will and should be remembered, his constant achievements as a writer/director are a solid prize for his viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The selections are really awesome. Thanks for sharing great article to us..Hollywood Celebrities News

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not always fan of movies nominated for Oscar because every time there is some top movies live aside. But anyway is is great movie manifestation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ose who helped me in my life, i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by dr Ose spiritual, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how dr Ose spiritual cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from dr Ose spirirtual healing spell cure of all kinds of sickness you may have. penis enlargement
    Remember delay in treatment leads to death email him @ {oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com} whatsapp +234813 648 2342
    https://www.facebook.com/Dr-odion-spell-temple-110513923938220/

    ReplyDelete