Thursday, April 25, 2013

David Gordon Green ♥'s PTA & ‘Punch-Drunk Love'; Film Named 10th Best Romantic Movie Of All Time


Huffington Post writer Mike Ryan recently sat down with filmmaker David Gordon Green ("George Washington," "Pineapple Express") about his latest film "Prince Avalanche" (currently playing at the Tribeca Film Festival) and after grilling him about his last effort the 80s throwback comedy 'The Sitter," the conversation veered towards PTA and his admiration for "Punch-Drunk Love" in particular (though he seems to prefer "There Will Be Blood"). 


You kind of alluded to this earlier, but you're not surprised that David Gordon Green fans that have been following you for a long time weren't 100 percent on board with "The Sitter." You kind of knew that would happen?No, that's fine. The good thing about being me, is there's not the expectation of a Christopher Nolan or a Paul Thomas Anderson or a David Fincher. Like, these guys have a harder time going to detach from what's brilliant and interesting and sophisticated about themselves. And so, those guys, I don't know how much of that is their fan base, of which I'm a part of, encouraging this one very specific outcome. But I get away with that, and they don't. [Laughs] I'll bet you I can recover from that a little easier, I don't know ... You know, the big fans of "George Washington" are not gonna like my MTV animated series, and most of them don't like "Eastbound and Down," although, that show has started to really started to grab people as people realized it's not what they thought it was.
I love John Hawkes on "Eastbound."
He's great, and he's a perfect example of an actor that if he showed up in the next Adam Sandler comedy, it would be an awesome, interesting thing that I would love to see.
You should work with Adam Sandler.
It'd be great. I would love to. Well, you see a movie like "Punch-Drunk Love," which I love.
That's my favorite Paul Thomas Anderson movie.
Really? You like it better than "There Will Be Blood"?
Yeah.
Really?
I do.
Wow.
I like it better than "Boogie Nights." I love those movies too, but there's just something about "Punch-Drunk Love" that I just really enjoy.
I love it. But here's what I think: I love that movie. I've seen it a dozen times. That's Adam Sandler making a Paul Anderson movie. I would love to see Paul Anderson make an Adam Sandler movie, if that makes sense. I would love to see that. That would be awesome.
Read the entire interview at HuffPo. In somewhat related news, 'PDL' was recently voted the 10th Best Romantic Film Of All Time by Time Out London and ranked #1 by Judd Apatow (who joins Diablo Cody, Bill Nighy and Lee Unkrich as being huge admirers.) PTA says it should be out on Blu-ray sometime this year but no word yet on a release date.

"The Master" is now available on Blu-ray and DVD.    
Stay tuned to Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates.

12 comments:

  1. It would be awesome if PTA makes a full on comedy, a PTA-comedy yes, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yet once again, nice possessive heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If PDL is to be out by the end of the year, any word on a Sydney bluray? Criterion perhaps? Anyone? Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any news on Megan Ellison dumping Inherent Vice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cigarettes & Red Vines love's apostrophe's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul Thomas Anderson has made an Adam Sandler movie already... 'Couch'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. betflix สล็อต เว็บพนันอันดับ 1 เปิดให้บริการพนันครบวงจร กีฬา คาสิโน สำหรับสมาชิกที่สนใจทางเรามีทีมงานดูแลแก้ไขปัญหาตลอด 24 ช.ม. เราพร้อมให้บริการนักพนันทุกท่านอย่างครบวงจรเล่นง่าย ได้เงินจริง พบกับเกมเดิมพันมากมายไม่ว่าจะเป็นเกมยอดนิยมอย่าง บาคาร่า สล็อต แบล็คแจ็ค รูเล็ตต์ และเสือมังกร พร้อมรับโบนัสเครดิตและโปรโมชั่นส่วนลดมากมายที่หาไม่ได้จากที่อื่น

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great web site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to several friends ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks in your effort! 야설

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always like finding a site that gives you very good ideas because I like learning new stuff.
    일본야동 Happy that I found your site because I greatly liked it and I anticipate your following post. A fantastic blog and i’ll come back again for more useful content…

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things,
    국산야동
    The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses.
    일본야동

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. 한국야동

    ReplyDelete